Abstract Submission Instructions
All the summaries proposed for submission at the SECF2022 meeting will be sent through the Congress website. The deadline for submission of summaries will be on 31 May 2022 at 23:59h (GMT+1).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- Cellular Physiology. Cellular Communication. Membrane biophysics and Ion channels.
- Blood physiology. Immunology
- Neurophysiology. Neurodegeneration and neurogenesis.
- Cardiovascular and respiratory physiology.
- Gastrointestinal physiology.
- Renal and epithelial physiology.
- Metabolism and Nutrition.
- Physiology of reproduction.
- Integrative Physiology.
- Physiology in special situations. Physical Exercise Physiology.
- Animal Experimentation.
- Clinical and translational Physiology. Regenerative medicine.
- Advances in Physiological Sciences.
- Teaching in Physiology.
- Stem Cells.
- Final Degree Projects.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Authors should submit a summary in English in accordance with the following instructions for publication in a special supplement of the Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry. Only original studies will be accepted for submission and publication, which have not been published before, or presented at another Congress. By submitting their abstracts, all authors accept the publication of their communication(s) in a special volume of the Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry.
During the abstract submission process, authors must provide the following information:
- COMMUNICATION PREFERENCE: Oral or poster (see below).
- TOPIC OF INTEREST: This information will be used by the Scientific Committee to schedule the abstract in the appropriate session.
- TITLE (maximum 200 characters): It must reflect the emphasis and content of the work, should not include abbreviations and will be written in bold letters.
- AUTHORS: Ensure that the spelling is confirmed for all contributing authors. Author names should be included in the order they will appear in the publication, given name followed by family name, with appropriate initial caps and separated by commas. Primary contacts or presenters may appear with an asterisk. Corresponding authors may include ORCID IDs (rather than email addresses).
- AFFILIATION: Affiliation numbers should be included even for abstracts with one or more contributors. Affiliations will include the primary employer or institution names (in English, not abbreviated), and location (city, state or province, country). Affiliations should be numbered sequentially in the order mentioned and not duplicated, and each affiliation must be assigned to an author.
- MAIN BODY: Maximum 350 words. The authors are responsible for the literary style of the abstracts presented. Misuse of language can lead to immediate rejection of the abstract.
Standard abbreviations need no explanation. Otherwise, the abbreviations should be defined in parentheses after their first mention in the text.
The abstract must contain only text − graphics, images, formulas and references are not allowed −. The unstructured abstract (without headings) should include the relevant background information, the objective of the study, the methodology, results and conclusions.
A separate paragraph may be used for the purpose of including a Clinical Trial Registry number or Disclosure statement. Otherwise, text should run in a single block paragraph.
- KEYWORDS: a limit of four.
- TRADEMARKS: Generic drug names are preferable to trademarked, brand-named drugs (for example, use acetaminophen as opposed to Tylenol, Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., US). In all abstracts where brand or trade names are included the manufacturer names and locations are also required.
STUDIES INVOLVING RESEARCH IN ANIMALS OR HUMAN BEINGS
The authors must confirm that the study has been carried out under the approval of the appropriate ethical committee for research in humans or animals, by selecting the appropriate option on the submission form.
Please mention the species involved in the study in the title of the abstract.
- THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ABSTRACTS THAT A RESEARCHER CAN SIGN AS AN AUTHOR. HOWEVER, A PERSON CAN ONLY BE A PRESENTER OF A MAXIMUM OF TWO COMMUNICATIONS.
- TO BE ACCEPTED, AT LEAST ONE OF THE AUTHORS OF THE COMMUNICATION MUST REGISTER IN THE CONGRESS. THERE IS A LIMIT OF TWO COMMUNICATIONS FOR EACH PERSON WHO REGISTERS IN CONGRESS.
All abstracts sent to the SECF2022 Congress can be framed within two different modalities:
Oral communication: Live exposure with the help of a slideshow. Duration of 15 minutes including in this time 5 minutes for questions/answers.
- Poster: All communications in poster format will be presented in printed format, hung on physical panels. At least one of the authors should be present next to the poster during the poster sessions.
The Scientific Committee will evaluate the scientific merit and formal correction of all the summaries abstracts received submitted by the attendees, and schedule them within the specific thematic sessions. The Scientific Committee may override the author’s choice and reassign an abstract to the oral state or poster state.
The authors will receive confirmation of the submission of their summary/abstract. Once the evaluation process is completed, you will be informed of the final decision and the part of the program where your summary abstract has been framed.